Monday, January 9, 2012
Mommy just said a bad word!
I've been trying to really watch what music my kids are listening to, and have created a kids music list on my iThingajig. Today we're having a catch up on cleaning day, and I put the kids music list on so we can all rock out and clean at the same time. Last summer, I took the kids to the Scottish festival, where Mari fell in love with the bagpipes. When a bagpipe song came on, she got all excited and started tapping her foot to the beat in a near perfect imitation of what she'd seen in the bagpipe bands. She looked over at me and said "it's like we saw at that... thing!" So I suggested she meant Scottish Festival, and she said "yeah! They're playing those... those... those" "Bagpipes?" "Yeah! Bappipes!" "I think that's all there is in that song, too, is bagpipes and drums. Nope. There's a Digeridoo" (I tried to get help with the spelling on that, but apparently there are many spellings that are acceptable) Mari looked at me with this horribly shocked expression on her face and said, "Mommy... am I allowed to say that word?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment