Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh, Today, why do you hate me so?

By 10:00 this morning, I already knew today was not going to win many points with me. It's just been one of those days where aside from a couple of high points, (very high points, but... unfortunately not yet open for public consumption) I've spent the entire time watching the clock and anxiously awaiting bedtime. (Mine) However, thanks to a certain someone who shall remain adorable and nameless, <I'm watchin' you, Columbus, Ohio!!> I now have to blog about it first before seeking sanctuary from today in the arms of Morpheus. (Well, not literally, he being all not real and all.) It's my brother's birthday, my mother-in-law's birthday, my cousin's birthday, and I'm still afraid I'm missing somebody in there somewhere... There was a shopping trip with all the girls, which was good, but tiring. Mostly amusing, but a little hard on the ol' ego was when the waiter kept ignoring my mother and I completely in favor of hitting on Anne repeatedly despite the knowledge that she was taken.  At one point, he spilled grated cheese on my mother because he was too busy checking Anne out!  He did joke around with Mari a bit, too, but she was absolutely adorable, so he would have had to been a real jerk to ignore her.  "I'd like root beer, if you have it"  I wish you could have seen it.  She was quite the little lady. :D Then another shopping trip with my husband to buy a little something for my brother for his birthday, (Poor guy spent most of his birthday not celebrating it because of all the extracurricular business, so we're celebrating Sunday) and somewhere in there, the day beat me up! I don't even know how! OH! One of the high points is for public consumption.  Mari read me a little story today! Ayup. Read. So, yeah, she needed a little help, but she did really well except when she had to be reminded not to guess where the story is going but to read it. Asa is so excited about being able to stand up while holding the crib rail, that nap times for him are spent cruising around the crib rather than sleeping, so there's a slight increase in cranky. .... slight. ..... yes...... Not sure how to wrap it up from here, but today's been one heck of a week.

1 comment:

  1. Agk! I totally forgot to put your blog on my reader and I was like "I haven't heard from Kit in a while"... So I shuffled through and found your blog again. Ugg. I hate being a space cadet.

    And... YOUR WELCOME for getting you blogging :)

    Now to catch up on your other posts. :)

    ReplyDelete